near, mid, and long term prospects of dragonfly

Stanislav Syekirin stanislav.syekirin at studium.fernuni-hagen.de
Mon Jan 16 08:17:19 PST 2023

Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de> wrote:

> Keep in mind that this was using HAMMER version 1, which worked
> pretty damn well, but is not suggested to be used anymore on
> DragonFly. Better use HAMMER2 now.

I'm confused. https://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/ says that HAMMER is
the default file system for DragonFly. Is that not the case? Neither
does https://man.dragonflybsd.org/?command=HAMMER say anything about
it being deprecated or obsolete (though it might not be up to date,
because it says that HAMMER "is intended to replace ffs(5) as the
default file system for DragonFly"). Can you please tell me more about
why HAMMER should not be used and HAMMER2 should be used instead?

> RasperryPI? If it is x86 (64-bit) it could work :)

It's 64-bit ARM :(

Regards
Stanislav