Problems with sites using Let's Encrypt certificates

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Oct 6 07:28:31 PDT 2021

Earlier this week, it was reported that the expired Let's Encrypt
certificate problem has been resolved.

However, on two DragonFlyBSD 6.0 VMs at my site, one created from an
RC1 ISO image, and the other more recently from the official ISO image
dfly-x86_64-6.0.0_REL.iso dated 7-May-2021, I still get certificate
verification failures.

For the new VM, this means I cannot even install the pkg command:

	# pkg install pkg
	Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
	Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3

Can other list readers confirm whether they too still have similar
problems?

Some pkg systems on Linux have ways to temporarily disable certificate
checking, but I could not spot a similar option in the DragonFlyBSD
pkg command collection.

Advice welcome!