Problems with sites using Let's Encrypt certificates

Phansi phansi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:39:00 PDT 2021

Yes, just checked, I have a similar error on pkg update

#pkg update

Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
34368467136:error:14007086:SSL routines:CONNECT_CR_CERT:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/lib/libressl/../../crypto/libressl/ssl/ssl_clnt.c:1138:

pkg: https://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:6.0:x86:64/LATEST/packagesite.txz: Authentication error
Unable to update repository Avalon
Error updating repositories

And I am an idiot, should not have done that! Repo deleted it looks like. Oh well.

#pkg search pkg
pkg: Repository Avalon missing. 'pkg update' required

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:28:31 -0600
"Nelson H. F. Beebe" <beebe at math.utah.edu> wrote:

> Earlier this week, it was reported that the expired Let's Encrypt
> certificate problem has been resolved.
>
> However, on two DragonFlyBSD 6.0 VMs at my site, one created from an
> RC1 ISO image, and the other more recently from the official ISO image
> dfly-x86_64-6.0.0_REL.iso dated 7-May-2021, I still get certificate
> verification failures.
>
> For the new VM, this means I cannot even install the pkg command:
>
> 	# pkg install pkg
> 	Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
> 	Certificate verification failed for /O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
>
> Can other list readers confirm whether they too still have similar
> problems?
>
> Some pkg systems on Linux have ways to temporarily disable certificate
> checking, but I could not spot a similar option in the DragonFlyBSD
> pkg command collection.
>
> Advice welcome!

> - Nelson H. F. Beebe                    Tel: +1 801 581 5254                  -
> - University of Utah                    FAX: +1 801 581 4148                  -
> - Department of Mathematics, 110 LCB    Internet e-mail: beebe at math.utah.edu  -
> - 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       beebe at acm.org  beebe at computer.org -
> - Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA    URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/ -

cheers