DFly on a Gateway laptop

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Nov 28 08:24:33 PST 2006

On Tue, November 28, 2006 4:29 am, Douglas S. Keester wrote:

> 	Second, anyone using the ATI Radeon Xpress 200M chipset with
> DFly and Xorg? I don't need much in the way of 3D effects. I just
> want something close to 1280x800, or 1024x768 with decent color depth
> so that KDE looks decent.

3D acceleration won't work.  I think that's the RS400 chipset, which is
supported by the version of xorg in pkgsrc, so it should generally work.
If nothing else, I think you could drop back to vesa support and still get
those resolutions.

> 	Third, has anyone had luck getting DFly to dual boot with
> Windows XP?

The default bootloader should recognize it and list it in the boot menu
normally.

> Also what is the chance of the standard bootloader recognizing
> the "Windows Restore" partition?

No idea on this one.