DFly on a Gateway laptop

Douglas S. Keester dkeester at comcast.net
Tue Nov 28 01:34:43 PST 2006

	There are a few things for which I need some input.

	First, is anyone using NDIS drivers with DFly successfully? I want to install
onto my Gateway MX6450 laptop, which uses a Broadcom AirforceOne 802.11g
chipset. I have the Windows drivers and am currently using OpenSUSE 10.1
x86_64 with Linux's version of ndiswrapper and the XP x64 drivers. This setup
is stable and working well, but I want to get off of SUSE and start working
with DFly again. (The version of XP which I am running is for i386, so I do
have the 32-bit driver files.)
	How up-to-date are DFly's ndisgen, ndiscvt, etc. in the current release? Any
caveats with DFly's wireless support in general?

	Second, anyone using the ATI Radeon Xpress 200M chipset with DFly and Xorg? I
don't need much in the way of 3D effects. I just want something close to
1280x800, or 1024x768 with decent color depth so that KDE looks decent.

	Third, has anyone had luck getting DFly to dual boot with Windows XP? (I need
to keep it around for a while, so please no lectures about how I should just
delete it and single boot DFly.) I would prefer to use the standard
bootloader, but am not opposed to using GRUB, which works quite well in my
current setup. Also what is the chance of the standard bootloader recognizing
the "Windows Restore" partition?

	Thanks for your help.
--
Douglas S. Keester
mailto:dkeester at xxxxxxxxxxx

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -Mother Teresa