DFly on a Gateway laptop

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Tue Nov 28 11:25:27 PST 2006

On 2006-11-28 10:29, Douglas S. Keester wrote:
	Third, has anyone had luck getting DFly to dual boot with Windows XP? (I need
to keep it around for a while, so please no lectures about how I should just
delete it and single boot DFly.) I would prefer to use the standard
bootloader, but am not opposed to using GRUB, which works quite well in my
current setup. Also what is the chance of the standard bootloader recognizing
the "Windows Restore" partition?
I dual-boot my T41 with no problem, I'd advice you to install Windows
first and DF later. I can't remember if the install detected the
presence of Windows automatically or not. But installing the bootloader
is quite easy, all you need to know is in the man-page. I also seem to
recall that it did recognize the restore-partition but I modified the
loader not to show it when booting. (Later I removed that partition all
together and used the space for better things.)

--
Erik Wikström