FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Aug 1 17:50:14 PDT 2005

:
:Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
:> and we need to lock down pfil or start parallelizing them (probably only
:> pf, with newest version imported)
:Route cache too? (Remembering where packet came in so replies can go back via same path)
:Multiple gateways?
:
:Toma¾

    Jeff has a patch set to replicate/parallelize the route table, so I
    expect that part of it is not going to be difficult.  I think the only
    outstanding issue with it was to reorder the routing operations to
    chain messages through the cpus deterministically rather then sending
    parallel messages (to update the route tables).

    pfil is a bit harder, but that can just be wrapped in the BGL temporarily
    and then dealt with last.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>