FreeBSD TCP/IP Cleanup and Optimizations

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Mon Aug 1 14:01:21 PDT 2005

"Tomaž Borštnar" <tomaz.borstnar at xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:42EE6C15.4010804 at xxxxxxxxxxx
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
and we need to lock down pfil or start parallelizing them (probably
only pf, with newest version imported)
Route cache too? (Remembering where packet came in so replies can go
back via same path)
Multiple gateways?

Tomaž
http://www.outofspec.com/routing/

No code, but it outlines a schema for a route cache/multiple gateway
engine.  The more I think about it though, the more I think this
should be something that bolts in external to the kernel rather than
intergrating it direct in the network layer.

Joshua Coombs