Laptop keyboard does not work

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Sat Apr 20 09:09:17 PDT 2024

Hi Martin,

My experience with evdev was that X11 does not recognize it as of 6.4, as kern.features.evdev sysctl is missing. Still, your keyboard *should* work without evdev - I really believe this is a configuration issue. Can you please again attach the full xorg.conf file that you are currently using? As Peeter mentioned,  you have a typo in your xorg.conf.

As for evdev: Can you somehow try out the current HEAD revision from git? You'd have to recompile the world and kernel :)

Regards,

Michael