network time server

Samuel Paik sam at paiks.org
Tue May 2 00:31:22 PDT 2023

I suspect we'll be stuck for with serial interfaces to GPS hardware for
quite some time due to the NMEA-0183 "standardization".  Many systems use
gpsd to talk to actual hardware and supply a processed feed on a network
port, quite often on a loopback address for internal use only, e.g. Android
and other mobile devices. See gpsd.io

NTPsec is a project to modernize and improve the security of NTP that has
been running since 2016: they say they've slimmed down the code base to a
quarter of what they forked from NTP.  See ntpsec.org

Sam Paik