Various error trying to configure my GPU "Intel UHD Graphics 630"

Mario Marietto marietto2008 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:02:07 PST 2021

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to correctly configure the GPU that I'm using as default on my
PC on the dragonflyBSD. It is :

vgapci1 at pci0:0:2:0: class=0x030000 card=0xd0001458 chip=0x3e988086 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

I have another GPU,but I want to use it as secondary,since I want to try to
pass through it later with qemu. it is :

vgapci0 at pci0:2:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x250319da chip=0x1e0410de rev=0xa1
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
    device     = 'TU102 [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

If you want to see all the hardware specifications of my PC,you can give a
look here : https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/PQRYbCh7Wr/

At the moment the problem that I have is that I'm not able to configure
correctly my "CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]" ; infact I get the error

"panic : BUG in intel_lrc_irq_handler at
/home/justin/release/6_0/sys/dev/drm/i915/intel_lrc.c:889"

but this is not the only error that I get. In different circumstances that
aren't very clear to me,I also get different errors. Something like :

"tunable drm.video.eDP-1 is not set"

or

"drm1 : failed to load DMC firmware i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_01.bin"

or

"tunable drm.video.HDMI-A-1 is not set"

These errors happen when I do : Xorg -configure and I force DragonFLY to
use the i915 driver,otherwise it uses the default framebuffer.

Here you can find all the screenshots that I've taken when the errors
occurred :

https://ibb.co/NTr2rht
https://ibb.co/gTqS6Lh
https://ibb.co/d2J1gMN
https://ibb.co/S3wQLHT
https://ibb.co/85VXCBc
https://ibb.co/4RQsxZs
https://ibb.co/2g2T8kp
https://ibb.co/XWJqPmN

Really I don't know where to put the missing firmware. I've created a
folder in /usr/share and I called it firmware and I've copied the file file
called "kbl_dmc_ver1_01.bin" there,but it didn't work. As well I don't know
what driver to include inside the file /etc/rc.conf. I tried this :

i915_load="YES"

but it panicked. Maybe there is a proper page to learn what to do
precisely,but I didn't find it. Can someone help me ? thanks.

--
Mario.