pkg broke after upgrade to v22.214.171.1249 [dports saves the day]
netverbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:24:54 PDT 2020
First, thank you for your quick response. I ended up using the dports
solution for both my server and my workstation. That worked perfectly!
Second, things like this are the understood and accepted "risks"
incurred when running off the master branch. Using dfly has been a real
Keep up the great work!
On 7/23/20 1:29 AM, Daniel Fojt wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 14:17:55 -0400
> Ron Georgia <netverbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I upgraded from 5.9-DEVELOPMENT DragonFly v126.96.36.1993 to 5.9-DEVELOPMENT
>> DragonFly v188.8.131.529. When I try to use pkg I get this error:
>> Shared object "libprivate_ssl.so.47" not found, required by "pkg"
> Oh, sorry, my fault. Fixed in commit 18a5eb36+.
> Now, how to fix it on your system.
> Most straightforward and safe solution is to copy pkg-static over pkg...
> cp /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static /usr/local/sbin/pkg
> ... and wait for new packages.
> Other possible solutions...
> Quick and dirty one is to symlink these two libraries...
> ln -s /lib/libprivate_ssl.so.48 /lib/libprivate_ssl.so.47
> ln -s /lib/libprivate_crypto.so.46 /lib/libprivate_crypto.so.45
> (This is just emergency solution, not to be used regularly.)
> Or pick missing libraries (libprivate_ssl.so.47 and libprivate_crypto.so.45)
> from a snapshot couple of days old from here:
> Or, if you have dports, just re-compile pkg (the most "clean" solution)...
> cd /usr/dports/ports-mgmt/pkg/ && make reinstall
> Once again, sorry for breakage.
> Daniel Fojt
"90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I don't any better."
More information about the Users