mdconfig

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Feb 28 18:33:40 PST 2020

We don't have any all-in-one utilities to manage jails.  Just the basic
jls, jexec, and jail utilities.    The jail(8) manual page should be mostly
up-to-date with recent changes to improve options management.

MD is very, very old.  Ancient, really.  It was removed ages ago because it
was old, crufty, and didn't work as well as VN or TMPFS.  It basically
formatted a UFS filesystem backed by ram.  You can use the VN device if you
need a block device backed by ram or swap, or the TMPFS filesystem if you
just need a ram and swap backed temporary filesystem.   We can't bring MD
back, sorry.