Binary packages available for "staged" branch of DPorts?

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Dec 30 05:48:36 PST 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 5:34 AM Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de> wrote:

10 syncs a year sounds really good to me and I am more than satisfied
> with that!!! I wish there were just more information about all these
> cool things *outside* of IRC so that they also find their way into the
> DragonFly Digest (which I am more likely to read than IRC ;-).

I would love to have a single constant place to show what's built and
what's not, for dports.  There's no immediate way to tell if you can
install an application on DragonFly.  You can look in the dports directory
and see if there's a package, but that doesn't show if it's just not
building right now, if it would build, etc.

I know there's been reports but it doesn't remain constant in location or
software, or match the actual state of what people can install.. I find
myself going to freebsd.org/ports to look stuff up which is not an exact
fit.   This is all useful for the Digest and the project, I think.