Binary packages available for "staged" branch of DPorts?

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Dec 29 02:34:27 PST 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:57:47PM +0000, Antonio Huete Jiménez wrote:

> Quoting Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de>:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:51:15PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >> Antonio (tuxillo) and I build 'staged' regularly, but the staged repos are
> >> always in a state of flux and I don't recommend depending on it.  That
> >> said, I often have an external URL available for binary repo access to test
> >> bulks, and at the moment it is operational and on staged:
> >>
> >> http://apollo.backplane.com/Ripper/live_packages/
> >>
> >> Your download bw from this site is going to be pretty horrible though as it
> >> is in my home.  Maybe Antonio can set up a semi-official staged HTML link
> >> from the colo.
> >
> > IMHO something like biweekly or monthly builds would be great to
> > have as> a DragonFly user.
>
> Sure, but for that we need more than 2 people, which is basically what
> we have now :P

You and me? :P

> We've done 10 syncs (once the current one is completed) in 2020, which
> isn't too bad.

10 syncs a year sounds really good to me and I am more than satisfied
with that!!! I wish there were just more information about all these
cool things *outside* of IRC so that they also find their way into the
DragonFly Digest (which I am more likely to read than IRC ;-).

Regards,

  Michael