Disk issues on Hyper-V

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 7 03:10:40 PDT 2020

On 7/04/2020 9:33 am, David Arroyo wrote:
> What it feels like to me is that there is some windows security "feature" tucked away in the windows registry that is interfering with the way the dragonfly VM wants to access the underlying virtual disk file. The reason I feel this way is that changing the "mode" with natacontrol from WDMA2 to PIO4 allows me to read the disk (but not write).

If you have anti-virus running on your Windows system, make sure that
both the HyperV "executable" and the virtual disk file(s) are
quarantined from antivirus attention.  In my experience this helps
performance of VirtualBox VMs with Microsoft Security Essentials, though
I never had actual disk errors.

Andy