tun(4) now supports module unloading and interface cloning

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Thu Jul 19 01:25:41 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I've just pushed the patches that add module loading/unloading and interface
cloning supports to our tun(4).

It's now possible to exclude the tun(4) device from the kernel, and
load/unload the 'if_tun' module.

The interface cloning is implemented for tun(4):

# ifconfig tunX create
# ifconfig tunX destroy

(and the associated control device at '/dev/tunX' will be created and
destroyed accordingly)

The tun(4) man page was also updated accordingly.

Now, both our tap(4) and tun(4) devices should work in the same way as
FreeBSD's.  Please let me know if you come across any problems.  Thanks.

Cheers,
--
Aaron