The future of HAMMER1

M. L. Wilson ipc at peercorpstrust.org
Tue Jul 24 02:46:51 PDT 2018

Is a master-to-multiple-slave setup functionally the same as "device ganging" per the H2 design document? Would such a setup mean that a failed drive could be rebuilt by adding a new block device, designating it as either a master or slave and the data would be rebuilt on that drive? Or said in another way, can we finally get rid of the RAID cards if our main aim is automatic fail-over?