The future of HAMMER1

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sun Jul 22 11:20:06 PDT 2018

Multi-master and multi-volume will take more time, but I think I will be
able to get master-to-multiple-slave operation on H2 working soon and that
will be roughly as efficient as mirror-stream is for H1.  There's still a
ton of work that needs to be done on H2, but single-storage support is rock
solid and H2's compression features are really nice.   H2 also has working
snapshot support, but it isn't automatic like it is on H1.   H2 snapshots
are writable though, while H1 snapshots are read-only.

-Matt
​