mirror-copy not working

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Jan 23 01:18:51 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 09:48:57PM +0100, Konrad wrote:
> > You are doing nothing wrong here! Hm, looks to me as if data corruption
> > is happening while the data is being transfered from one machine to the
> > other. Does this happen every time you run mirror-copy? You could test
> > to run mirror-copy locally first (hammer mirror-copy /pfs/hg
> > /pfs/test-hg), but in case your filesystem is pretty large this is
> > something you might not want to do.
>
> A local copy worked perfectly.
>
> K.

Sorry for my late response.

Do both systems run recent versions of DragonFly? We had a change back
in 2010 [1] that would fail between two 64-bit machines. But I strongly
doubt this is the reason. Well then maybe your network is unreliable?

Another thing you could test is to do a fresh mirror-copy, i.e.

   hammer mirror-copy /pfs/hg remotemachine@/pfs/new-hg

where /pfs/new-hg on remotemachine does not exist. If this works, it's
no network related problem.

Regards,

  Michael

[1]: https://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/c7380858c7d940d981d93b5e17984bc652a3cb5c