Ravenports, what's missing for you?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:39:17 PDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:28 AM John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> On 8/24/2018 11:10, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 10:45 AM John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, it works so nothing is going to change.
> >> Perhaps if you filed an issue at
> >> https://github.com/jrmarino/ravensource/issues with more information
> >> that "it fails" you could get some additional help.
> >>
> > The file pkgconf-1.5.3.tar.xz Authentication error
> > => Coun't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> > => port manually into /distfiles and try again
> > *** Error Code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /port
> >
> > This is one that fails and because it fails the others do not work
> > because they depend on this one.  I tried signing into github, but I
> > am unable to verify the account :(
> > Process stays hanging. Thank you for your help.
> >

> Well, as I implied earlier, I'm not going to use the mail list to
> troubleshoot issues.  That's what the github Issues tab is for.
> Plus didn't you say your workplace is blocking sites?  That's probably
> what's stopping the download.

The main ravenports website
http://ravenports.ironwolf.systems/
is blocked I get the message:
<quote>
Sorry,ravenports.ironwolf.systemsis not available because it is
categorized as unknown.
You have been identified as anonymous from 10.155.142.79. Login
</quote>

Maybe?  But many other packages do come in?  Maybe I should try to use

# ravenadm update-ports

and try it again.

> John
>
> PS you don't really need to build yourself anyway.  the binary packages
> are updated fairly regularly.  imagemagick will appear at some point.

I know, I just want to help test and use the ravenports.  I used to
really love compiling from source and configuring the packages and
running
# make install clean
from the ports.  I used synth a little to like it and ravenports is
similar.  I do prefer to build software from source whenever possible.
The binary packages are great and have me and other users spoiled :)

But for this I want to try and not give up.  In the github page I try
to create account and I get a verify account and it just sits there
and does nothing more.  So I could not open the ticket :(  Apologize
for that.