Can rsync be configures for daily snapshots

Siju George sgeorge.ml2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 17:44:36 PDT 2017

OK let me clarify :-)

Suppose I download a snapshot image-Monday 2.x GB
And I want to download a snapshot image-Thursday 2.x GB

I was requesting for a method to just copy the difference between the files
I am sorry rsync was not the right choice :-(

I think you might need bit-torrent to do that.
Could you configure bit-torrent? or something similar.
May be add this feature to your cpdup ;-)

Just asking because in India at least in my state Kerala the initial speed
a normal man can afford it 1-2 mbps. But if you transfer 1-2 GB Data (
depends on the ISP ) the speed is reduced to 512/256 kbps. So it takes
hours to download an image. Sometimes we put it for download when we go to
bed to get the image only next morning

It would be great if you come up with a solution.
Of course, this is only an issue with countries and places with limited
internet bandwidth.

Thanks :-)

--Siju