Ravenports: How to Get Started?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu May 11 08:37:33 PDT 2017

On 5/11/2017 09:22, Aaron LI wrote:
> Hi John Marino, and DFlyers,
>
> I knew Ravenports [0] sometime ago, and noticed that it just did a
> initial release.
>
> Recently I had problems with the D/Ports framework w.r.t. multiple
> Python versions (3.x vs. 2.7).  Also suggested by John, I decided
> to try Ravenports a bit.
>
> However, after cloned the Ravenports repo down, I just got lost...
> Ravenports currently has ~170 ports, but I have no idea how to
> build and install one of them.  There is no obvious entry-Makefile
> to begin with, and there is no docs for users at the moment...
>
> Also, I knew there is a administration tool for Ravenports, called
> ravenadm [1].
> But there doesn't provide any further information.
>
> So, how to get started with Ravenports?  Thanks very much!

Hi Aaron,
It's not quite ready for the masses.  When I mentioned it, it was just
as a "by the way, my upcoming project solves this issue" kind of thing.

I've been working towards a "quick-start" guide for those that just want
a preview or want to providing testing / feedback and I'm pretty close
to that point.

The actual procedure will be very easy though.  And quick.

John