compat?x

Dr. Jochen Raßler jochen.rassler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:37:31 PDT 2017

As I mentioned, I only built them and didn't yet test.

What I need is gradle and openjfxdevel, which aren't available to DF
currently.

As I looked around to find the reason, I found the site how to port
software to DF (https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/fixdports/) and
looked further to find this site:
http://muscles.dragonflybsd.org/synth/snap-failures/Report/

and for both gradle and openjfx missing compat9x is the reason for not
being ported to DF - as far as I understood. I found no information
about what's wrong with compat9x and asked a few days ago in another
mail, which had a different topic (32 bit compat libs) and got no answer
to that specific question.
So I started building... but had no time for further investigation yet,
so I didn't test with gradle...

It would be great to get some information about the status of why gradle
and openjfxdevel aren't ported to DF and why the automatic build process
is skipped (or ignored?) for both packages.
I would appreciate it, if you gave me some hints!

cheers,
Jochen