SSL CA cert issue

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Sun Apr 30 10:23:41 PDT 2017

Actually, that's what I normally do, but I'm running a builder program that
needs to do a git clone with https. BTW, curl has the same issue:

% curl https://www.github.com
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
 of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
 bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
 using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
 the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
 problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
 not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
 the -k (or --insecure) option.

Tim