pf nat woes

Richard Nyberg rnyberg at murmeldjur.se
Sun Sep 4 02:33:09 PDT 2016

Hello users,

I've set up a df4.6 box as an internet gateway and samba fileserver at
home. It gets it's external IP address via dhcp on re0. The problem is
that after this machine has booted, I need to run "rcrestart pf".
Otherwise the machines on the internal network can't access the
internet.

Any thought on this? The servers rc.conf and pf.conf are below.

### pf.conf begin

ext_if="re0"
int_if="em0"

scrub in

nat on $ext_if from $int_if:network -> ($ext_if)

block in
pass out keep state

pass quick on { lo $int_if }

pass in on $ext_if proto tcp to ($ext_if) port ssh keep state
pass in on $ext_if proto { tcp udp } to ($ext_if) port 51403 keep state
pass in on $ext_if proto { tcp udp } to ($ext_if) port 51413 keep state

### pf.conf end

### rc.conf begin

powerd_enable="YES"
dntpd_enable="YES"
samba_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"

dbus_enable="YES"
avahi_daemon_enable="YES"

dhcpd_enable="YES"
dhcpd_flags="-q"
dhcpd_conf="/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf"
dhcpd_ifaces="em0"
dhcpd_withumask="022"

dumpdev="/dev/serno/S246J90Z339652.s1b"

hostname="gorg.lan"

ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
ifconfig_em0="inet 10.5.2.1 netmask 0xffffff00"

gateway_enable="YES"
pf_enable="YES"

### rc.conf end

Best regards,