Problems with VLC and audio device detection

am_dxer at fastmail.fm am_dxer at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 16 06:43:31 PST 2016

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has managed to get VLC Media Player working
under DragonFly. I now have DragonFly installed on a few of my computers
and have trouble with VLC on all of my installs. I get an error about no
audio devices being found when starting the player that displays on the
command line. I am currently using Mplayer to play files which is a
sufficient substitute for now, however, I do like VLC and would be
interested if someone has found a workaround. Thanks.