Kernel panic on boot at dm_crypt

Stefan Unterweger 232.20711 at chiffre.aleturo.com
Sat Jul 9 07:31:02 PDT 2016

* Sepherosa Ziehau on Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 11:16:14AM +0800:
> >> It looks like a race condition of some weird sort, and there’s no doubt
> >> that the virtualisation is again playing tricks with me.  If I type in
> >> the password incorrectly, then it will most likely crash violently right
> >> there.  If typed in correctly, then in one of five it -might- boot.  The
> >> kernel panic is attached below.

> > It looks like a race between the dm init and the I/O path.  i.e. the
> > read happens even before the dm init is completed.  Not sure about
> > why...

> Try this patch:
> https://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/dfly_dm_order.diff

I have tried out the patch, nothing has changed.  Still get the exact
same crash at the same position.

Now that I have a test dummy up and crashing, anything I can do to give
more useful information?

Thanks,
    Stefan

--
Die Internetbleibe.  Schick, magisch, leistungsstark.
https://internetbleibe.de/

medoly media UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Hausburgstr. 13, 10249 Berlin

E-Mail: info at medolymedia.de
Telefon 030 - 609 826 560
Fax 030 - 609 826 569
Website: https://medolymedia.de/

Geschäftsführer: Matthias Nothhaft, HRB 131198 (Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg), Sitz: Berlin, USt-ID: DE275221203