What is killlwps in top?

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sat May 16 17:31:28 PDT 2015

On Friday, May 15, 2015 17:23:51 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I ran gdb on a program, which segfaulted. I tried to exit gdb, but it didn't
> exit. I tried to kill the program being debugged, then tried to kill gdb,
> but neither died. The program being debugged shows as status "killlwps" in
> top. gdb is in "wait" state. What is killlwps, and how do I kill the
> program?

Apparently there are two threads of the program. One is in killlwps state, and
the other is in STOP state. Running "top -t -U phma" shows both, but they have
the same PID. How do I get the thread in STOP state restarted so that the
other can get out of its hangup?

Pierre
--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.