da8: reading primary partition table: error accessing offset when installing from USB to SSD on Thinkpad X220

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jan 13 17:04:41 PST 2015

Good lord, that's a lot of text.  It sounds like your bios are seeing
the drive to boot from, but not mounting it correctly.  There's a mix
of USB ports on the x220 models.  Can you try different USB ports and
see what that changes?

If you can burn a DragonFly ISO image to CD and use a USB CDROM drive,
you should be able to boot from that.  I think I did just that with a
x220 some time ago.

If you can burn a CD and boot a different computer with it, there's a
netboot server option that will let you PXEboot and install over the
network, which works surprisingly well - and is how I got a different
machine without CDROM to install some time ago.