Unable to install dragonfly on GPT drive

Max Herrgard herrgard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:13:59 PST 2015

On 22 dec 2015, at 20:06, Alexander Kuleshov wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com> wrote:
>> It comes down to developer time.  We'd like to do it but it's quite a bit of
>> work.  We need to update our gpt maintenance utility as well, the current
>> one is too primitive.
>
> Yes, I see.
>
> In these days I went through the DragonFly boot/installer code and
> adding support
> for GPT looks interesting for me. Don't know how much it will take a time, but
> I definitely want to try.

One thing that would make installing to more advanced slice setups easier, would be
a 'skip disk setup and start copying files' option. You would have to set up slices and
partitions outside the installer and mount everything properly under /mnt, but then
have the rest of the installation process done by the installer. That is copying files,
setting up config files, adding users/setting passwords and getting fstab done.

Cheers,
Max