DPorts: GLib bug crashes applications linked with it

Warren Postma warren.postma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 09:28:34 PST 2014

>> Xfce for its part is hardly usable because the panels and Thunar are
crashing at startup.

I have no problems launching XFCE4 panel (the dock area) or file manager
(thunar) on my brand new install. I suspect you may have some old shared
libraries or other broken dependencies? Have you tried uninstalling
all XFCE4 dependencies that were installed using pkgsrc and reinstalling
them all freshely with dports?

Warren