pkgsrc frozen, next release will officially be dports only

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 9 13:43:11 PDT 2013

    As of the next release we will be officially moving to dports.
    It's already the default on master and will become the only
    option on the next release.

    Our copy of the pkgsrc repo is now frozen.  Well, actually it kinda
    froze itself, I've given up trying to keep it in sync after spending
    many man-hours wrestling with mis-syncs.  In anycase, we're not
    updating it any more nor are we doing pkgsrc bulk builds any more.

    All four of our bulk-build machines are now dedicated to dports.

    --

    As the release gets closer we will put together better instructions
    on how to transition from pkgsrc to dports.  At the moment we do NOT

    (Anyone already running master should be aware of these changes, and
    doing a completely fresh install based on master should be almost back
    to normal as of now).

					<dillon at backplane.com>