booting stopped at malloc disk

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sat May 11 18:25:06 PDT 2013

The power blinked and my new box rebooted. The last lines are:

real memory  = 4276840448 (4078 MB)
avail memory = 3929784320 (3747 MB)
lapic: divisor index 0, frequency 66669354 Hz
Initialize MI interrupts
FQ scheduler policy version 1.1 loaded
wdog: In-kernel automatic watchdog reset enabled
kbd1 at kbdmux0
disk scheduler: set policy of md0 to noop
md0: Malloc disk

The computer is ignoring the keyboard; when I hit the keys to switch the KVM
to another computer, it takes a minute to do so. If I reboot in single-user
mode (which I've done before successfully), it still stops at malloc disk. The
only thing I've changed in loader conf is to load the module for cryptdisks.

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.