How do I make a new disk bootable?

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Mon Jun 17 14:33:30 PDT 2013

Darner has three disks: ad0 is the old IDE disk, ad4 is the SATA disk which
has everything that was on ad0, and ad6 is the other SATA disk. It uses ad0
only for booting; I'd like to get rid of it. So I typed:
# boot0cfg -B /dev/ad4
(actually the /dev/serno equivalent), turned it off, disconnected the power
from ad0, and rebooted. It gave an F1 menu. I hit F1, and it beeped.

I'm guessing that slice 1, which is active, needs something written to sector
0 to make it bootable. How do I do this?

Pierre
--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji