pkg is trying to update itself to the wrong version

Laperche Sylvain sylvain.laperche at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:01:03 PST 2013

Le lundi 16 décembre 2013 à 15:34:27, Pierre Abbat a écrit :
> I have pkg 1.1.4 and I tried to install dejagnu (to work on the gdb thread
> problem, see my other post). It said "New version of pkg detected; it needs to
> be installed first." So it tries to upgrade to 1.2.1 and fails to download the
> package.

Hi Pierre,

I had a similar issue yesterday when I tried to install my first package (I
installed DragonFly BSD 3.6 from the ISO available on the website).

I solved the problem by following the procedure described by John Marino here
http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2013-November/090339.html