newbie question

Roby Sadeli liweitian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 23:16:41 PST 2013

Sorry for not being clear enough.
I am ssh'ing (and I have tried doing the same from console with the same
result). The 2nd screenshot is the result I am getting from a tmux session (
http://imgur.com/9415rdM,TjMsUKC#1)
Changing the terminal how? You mean change shell? I have tried using bash
from tcsh with the same result too.

How do I change terminal settings? Could anyone give me some pointers?
Change /etc/ttys? What to change?