Dragonfly network changes

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Feb 17 22:57:41 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 07:18:18PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Various DragonFly machines are now running on a much faster network
>     thanks to AT&T u-verse,

Great :-)

>     For those interested this is AT&T Business U-Verse.  Downlink speed is
>     around 16 MBits and uplink speed is around 2 MBits with their
>     highest-grade service.  My comcast cable internet (which I will be
>     getting rid of soon), also the highest grade service, has a faster
>     downlink speed of around 30 MBits, but around the same uplink speed
>     of 2 MBits.

Do they offer IPv6 ?

The global IPv4 pool is now gone and APNIC, RIPE and ARIN pools will
almost certainly be depleted in a few months too.

Some people are deploying IPv6-only networks right now, and without
IPv6 connectivity I'm afraid access to DragonFly resources could become
troublesome in the future.

--
Francois Tigeot