Why did you choose DragonFly?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Sep 22 23:16:27 PDT 2010

:
:On Monday 20 September 2010 16:51:47 PrzemysÅ?aw PaweÅ?czyk wrote:
:> Why _no one_ answered my question concerning DF BSD contained in my
:> post:
:> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2010-07/msg00091.html
:
:I don't know why no one answered, but I didn't answer because I don't know
:much about SMP and don't have any SMP boxes.
:
:Pierre

    It was kind of a kitchen sink question.  We aren't really in the
    business of running benchmarks against a laundry list of other
    operating systems.  SMP works just fine.  HAMMER is not ZFS.
    You have to play with it yourself to determine if it meets your
    needs.

					<dillon at backplane.com>