dumpon

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Feb 6 10:56:56 PST 2010

:According to top:
:Memory: 104M Active, 240M Inact, 109M Wired, 41M Cache, 43M Buf, 1112K Free
:Swap: 2048M Total, 23M Used, 2024M Free, 1% Inuse

    Should be plenty for minidumps.

:No. Do I have to write the dump explicitly? See
:http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue1559. I don't know whether the dump device
:is set by that point.
:...
:Pierre

    Ah, that's why.  Kernel dumps don't work until the kernel has
    booted into userland.

    The only way to debug something that early is like with a
    kgdb-over-serial setup, which takes a lot of messing around
    to get working.

    I think unless you want to try your hand at debugging kernels
    by making code changes (adding kprintf()'s, etc), the best thing
    to do is to boot without ACPI and move on.  Maybe try putting this
    in your /boot/loader.conf:

    hint.acpi.0.disabled=1

					<dillon at backplane.com>