HEADS UP - devfs integration update. iscsi now alpha.
mneumann at ntecs.de
Sat Aug 8 15:12:01 PDT 2009
Matthew Dillon schrieb:
DEVFS has gone through a bunch of debug and fix passes since the
initial integration and is now ready for even wider testing on master.
* Now works properly with X.
* Now works properly with mono and other applications.
* Now probes disklabels in GPT slices, and properly probes GPT slice 0.
* Misc namespace issues fixed on reprobe (there were problems with
iscsi and VN).
* Auto-reprobe is now synchronous from the point of view of fdisk, gpt,
and disklabel, or any program that is setting up slices and partitions.
(there were races against the creation of the actual sub-devices in
/dev before that are now fixed).
* mount-by-serialnumber is possible via /dev/serno/. Example fstab:
serno/L41JAB0G.s1d / hammer rw 1 1
Matt, do you think it's worth to even drive this one step further by
probing device slices for HAMMER (or other types of) filesystems, and
create devfs entries like /dev/hammer/fsid or /dev/hammer/volname.volno?
This would, in case of HAMMER, make devtab kind of superfluous, despite
being very useful in general.
More information about the Users