HEADS UP - devfs integration update. iscsi now alpha.
dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Aug 8 10:45:50 PDT 2009
DEVFS has gone through a bunch of debug and fix passes since the
initial integration and is now ready for even wider testing on master.
* Now works properly with X.
* Now works properly with mono and other applications.
* Now probes disklabels in GPT slices, and properly probes GPT slice 0.
* Misc namespace issues fixed on reprobe (there were problems with
iscsi and VN).
* Auto-reprobe is now synchronous from the point of view of fdisk, gpt,
and disklabel, or any program that is setting up slices and partitions.
(there were races against the creation of the actual sub-devices in
/dev before that are now fixed).
* mount-by-serialnumber is possible via /dev/serno/. Example fstab:
serno/L41JAB0G.s1d / hammer rw 1 1
And example vfs.root.mountfrom line in /boot/loader.conf:
* /etc/devtab integration is complete but not yet documented. An example
/etc/devtab entry would be something like:
driveA serno L41JAB0G
And in /etc/fstab:
driveA.s1d / hammer rw 1 1
devfs will be fully operational for the release.
Vinum is still non-operational.
iscsi via the iscsi-initiator.ko kernel module and the /sbin/iscontrol
program is now in an alpha-test state. It works, but it isn't pretty.
There is a pkgsrc package for userland target implementation called
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/netbsd-iscsi-target. Iscsi is definitely in an
iscsi support will be generally working for the release but we are
unlikely to have root support for it by the release.
<dillon at backplane.com>
More information about the Users