[GSoC] the AMD64 port
jgordeev at dir.bg
Tue Mar 18 13:40:14 PDT 2008
I'm a student interested in doing the AMD64 port as a Google Summer of
I would like to have some questions answered, in order to be able to
make an informed decision.
1. Does porting require messing with the source code of gcc/binutils/gdb?
2. Do I need to have an AMD64 machine with more than 4 GB RAM to be
able to fully test my work?
3. Would I be required to get 32-bit binaries working on 64-bit
kernels or would being able to run 64-bit binaries suffice?
4. Is SMP part of the equation?
5. In general, is there a fixed list of things that should be done, or
am I free to choose based on my interests/abilitity?
More information about the Users