zipped ISO in addition to gz?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Aug 7 09:27:53 PDT 2008

:Would there be any objection to having zipped versions of our ISOs?  The
:file size wouldn't change much.
:
:If someone happens to be downloading with a Windows client, it's a minor
:pain in the rear to have to track down a gzip binary for Windows to get to
:the ISO.  I have one comment from the Digest where someone got bit by
:this, and I imagine there's others.
:
:http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2008/07/21/2940.html

    I see the reasoning but I don't like the idea of the multiplication of
    space used for N different compressed versions of the ISOs.

    It may be easier just to provide a pointer on the download page
    to windoz programs capable of decompressing the .gz.

					<dillon at backplane.com>