User-Land PPP vs. Free/Open
Simon 'corecode' Schubert
corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Jun 25 00:10:46 PDT 2007
Chris Turner wrote:
which brings up a side question of - would it me more appropriate to
synch with awfulhack or fbsd?, etc, etc..
Probably you first should find out what's wrong and then fix it :) If you suspect code (i.e. FreeBSD works, DragonFly doesn't), then do this:
- diff between the source version we forked from FreeBSD and their current version (you can find the version in the CVS $FreeBSD$ ident).
- carefully review all changes
- try to apply the patch OR
- diff the DragonFly code to the original FreeBSD version we use
- try to apply this diff to the most recent FreeBSD version
- fix all conflicts
- if works, submit
4kloc are not so much, especially if it is a unified diff.
Serve - BSD +++ RENT this banner advert +++ ASCII Ribbon /"\
Work - Mac +++ space for low â¬â¬â¬ NOW!1 +++ Campaign \ /
Party Enjoy Relax | http://dragonflybsd.org Against HTML \
Dude 2c 2 the max ! http://golden-apple.biz Mail + News / \
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: "Description: OpenPGP digital signature"
More information about the Users