changes in Firefox are not kept

Huub v.niekerk at hccnet.nl
Mon Jan 1 09:28:29 PST 2007

I noticed that thunderbird or firefox (can't remember) did not keep
changes.  turned out that the prefs file was created 444 instead of
644.  don't know why they pulled this stunt.

Just checked on that: my profiles.ini has 644. Something odd happened as
well: there was a 2nd .default created having 600, which was added to
profile.ini. Now I manually changed the profile.ini to the oldest
. default, and changed some prefs and added bookmarks. Now it seems to
work. Not a clue though what was different and why.