changes in Firefox are not kept

Huub v.niekerk at hccnet.nl
Mon Jan 1 08:52:08 PST 2007

I've been having trouble with both firefox1 and 2, as someone else
also posted recently.  The problem I see is that firefox will start,
run for about five seconds, and the quit with no output of any
kind.  Deleting ~/.mozilla/firefox doesn't help, although it does
get re-created on the next try.  The same thing running as root.
Running firefox in gdb causes gdb to crash, so something is not
quite right on my end ;o)  I've just cvsup'd and I'm rebuilding
the system now (CURRENT), and I hope it will help.  I'd like to
get firefox working again soon.
Running DFBSD 1.6.0, I only built firefox2. It doesn't crash on me, it
just looses any changes I make in pref or bookmark.