silo overflows -- what can I do about this?

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 13:02:14 PDT 2006

Robert Clark wrote:
Make sure the Serial port is enabled in BIOS?

I've seen integrated-chipset-provided serial ports be disabled in  BIOS
and still be probed and in used by the OS. The ghost ports would  then
work depending on how the OS serviced them.

I've also seen multiple ports configured on the same resources.

[RC]
It's enabled and it does work. I can log into the PIX, but when I say
"write terminal" and it starts spitting out the configuration then
that's when I get those error messages and it stops receiving data from
the device.

Now, sharing the same resources is another thing which I haven't checked
for. I'll take a look when I reboot the machine. Should be 3F8 and 2F8
right?

Joey