silo overflows -- what can I do about this?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Oct 19 11:04:51 PDT 2006

:It's just a serial console cable to a cisco device. It's a PIX in this
:case. I'm using the cisco supplied blue roll over cable. Pretty much
:normal. It seems to work fine when using my notebook.
:
:So it can either be a) the hardware on the DragonFly box, or b)
:something in DragonFlyBSD. The notebook runs FreeBSD. I'm almost curious
:enough to yank the hardrive out of the OpenBSD box (another box where it
:works fine too) and put in the DragonFlyBSD hardrive to rule out the
:hardware.
:
:I can do that if you want, that way we don't chase things that are
:hardware related. You know what I mean?
:
:Joey

    It sounds to me like an interrupt is getting delayed too long.  It
    is possible to track things like that down, but it's a lot of work
    and I don't think I can spare the time (at least not before the next
    release).  Is this a SMP box?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>