SigmaTel sound in DFBSD?

Alexander Chimento shiroi.tsubasa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:23:50 PDT 2006

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Alexander Ames Chimento wrote:
Hi! I'm new to DragonFlyBSD, but not to BSD in general. I was
wondering if there was a way to get the SigmaTel sound chip working in
DFBSD? I think it's also called ICH6 and hda-intel by ALSA. I have pcm
and pnpbios enabled in the kernel, but nothing seems to be detected in
the dmesg output.
We don't have a driver yet.  There is an effort in FreeBSD to support it
(with which we share the sound architecture).  NetBSD already has
working support for it.  I am at least equally interested in getting it
to output sound as I have a HDA nForce chipset as well.

cheers
 simon
Well, thanks for the info on that. I guess I'll have to wait to see and
about the support then. I wish new computers didn't come with such
unknown things :P.

Alex